PIP Seeks Applicants for New Business Development Director Position
PARTNERS IN PROGRESS IS NO LONGER ACCEPTING RESUMES FOR THIS POSITION.
Moore County Partners in Progress (PIP) is recruiting candidates for a newly created Business Development Director position. This new position will work collaboratively with existing staff to facilitate business attraction, expansion, and retention in Moore County, NC.
About the Opportunity
The newly created Business Development Director (BDD) position will offer a highly motivated individual the rewarding opportunity to work in the field of economic development in the growing, vibrant communities of Moore County.
The ideal candidate will have experience in economic development, community development, and/or urban planning. Successful candidates will possess strong relationship building, interpersonal, communication, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
Key responsibilities of the Business Development Director include:
- Responding to Requests for Information (RFIs) from prospective businesses,
- Managing the Business, Retention, & Expansion (BRE) program,
- Facilitating development of commercial & industrial sites & buildings, and
- Managing and administering economic development grants.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business administration, public administration, urban planning or a related field is required.
- At least five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in economic development, business attraction, community development, planning, or a related field is required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of the specific requirements listed above.
- Prior grant management experience is preferred.
- A valid Driver’s License is required.
The hiring range for this position is $90,000—$100,000, depending on skills and qualifications, with other benefits available.
How to Apply
Interested applications should email a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Applications may also be mailed to:
Executive Director, Partners in Progress
PO Box 5585
Pinehurst, NC 28370-5885
Applications must be received prior to close of business on Tuesday, November 15, 2022 to be considered.
Moore County Partners in Progress is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit public/private economic development partnership serving all of Moore County, NC. Our mission is to increase economic prosperity and the quality of life for Moore County’s citizens through the creation of quality jobs and capital investment in our communities. PIP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
MCEDP’s Progress Report of Economic Development Activities for...
12 May 2023
Carolina Core Celebrates “Economic Development Week” & Regional...
10 May 2023
Partners in Progress Launches New Name, Logo &...
07 May 2023
PIP’s Progress Report of Economic Development Activities for...
06 March 2023