Funding and Grants
Whether you’re looking for startup capital or grants and incentives to offset the cost of launching or expanding your business, we can help.
Finding sources of capital for your business startup can be difficult. But with a good business plan and a variety of debt and equity financing programs, you can secure the needed investment. Capital Opportunities is a tool to help you search for financial institutions to provide loan financing based on search criteria. Other sources of capital include:
- Crowdfunding – an equity funding mechanism that allows NC investors to buy equity or debt offerings in NC small businesses.
- Loan Guarantee Programs – The US Small Business Administration offers loan guarantee programs through local and regional banks.
- Inception Micro-Angel Funds (IMAF) – provides $50,000 to $125,000 in early seed-stage capital to emerging technology-based businesses.
- Thread Capital – the lending arm of the NC Rural Center offers loans from $500 to $100,000 to small businesses owned by people of color, women, low-income individuals and rural-based individuals.
- Bull City Venture Partners – invests in seed and early-stage ventures in the health IT, software, and e-commerce industries.
- Eshelman Ventures – invests primarily in healthcare companies
- VentureSouth – provides capital and expertise to Southeastern startups
- Triangle Angel Partners – invests in companies within a ½ day’s drive of Research Triangle Park in NC
Incentives & Grants
Opening or expanding a business can be expensive, but we can help you identify incentives and grants to lower your overall costs. Both local and state governments offer targeted, performance-based incentives for companies locating or expanding in Moore County.
Let Us Help
Looking for business support? Contact us today and let us help you.Contact Us